Fluor Civil Superintendent-Infrastructure -CAN POE in Windsor, Ontario
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the performance of all field construction activities for assigned subcontractor and/or craft areas in conformance with Canadian Port of Entry plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This requires a thorough working knowledge and background of assigned work, the ability to cope with complex situations through deliberate analysis and planning, and the ability to see actions in relation to short and long-term goals. As a significantly experienced superintendent, it requires directing other line supervision as necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project objectives. This position requires the ability to coordinate and direct construction craftsmen in numerous crafts across the full spectrum of the Canadian Port of Entry campus.
• Plan and direct the work activities of all involved subcontractors and crafts for assigned construction activities across the Port of Entry facilities and civil footprint in alignment with available engineering deliverables, tools, construction equipment, and materials
• Confirm that subtrade supervisors and construction craft are trained and are knowledgeable about our safety policies & procedures, environmental requirements, quality requirements, specifications, and work plans & procedures
• Ensure that material is being utilized to ensure optimum efficiency and that work is being performed in conformance with specified quality requirements
• Assist with management of contractor activities in conjunction with the project engineering core and contracts administration group
• Participate in development of detailed execution schedules and monitor the work activities schedules and manpower requirements to meet established completion dates together with optimized productivity
• Coordination of craft personnel, material, and equipment needed to meet schedules; help to establish construction crew organization and composition including craft qualification level, foremen and general foremen as applicable
• Contribute to scope of work development for subcontract execution
• Contribute to the development of the construction plan and manage subcontractor activities
• Assure construction compliance with design and quality requirements
• Coordinate field engineering, information handling, and construction activities
• Oversee all activities of construction scope, field change management and field project controls
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
• Adhere to and support BNA’s Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Complete safety audits and advance reporting as required
• Leverage internal and external resources to administer policies and procedures consistently across all areas of POE construction
• Ensure the implementation of the Safety Program to all subcontractors to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and ensure that they adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements
• Document and report all injuries and any incidents
• Manage all small tools and consumables to assure a cost effective and productive construction execution
• Manage construction equipment as required, including planning, monitoring, and controlling such as needed to assure safe and efficient construction execution
• Directly support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for all construction activities
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and other documents
• Provide ongoing constructability input to the design organization and working trade designs
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and MOL Acts and Regs
• Assure that project materials and workmanship meet the project Quality Standards
• Contribute to the development and implement Corrective Action and Preventative Action for Non-Conformances
• Assist in resolving technical problems encountered during the construction of the project
• Work in conjunction with Engineering and Quality to develop and implement work plans and procedures
• Schedule development and updates for Port of Entry construction execution
• Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and project is executed effectively and within budget.
• Assure compliance with project construction schedule budgets
• Advise supervisor of potential problems, work interferences, or schedule difficulties
• Manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training
• Organize and prioritize subcontractors to perform work on multiple scopes of work in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion
Job ID: 125973BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.