At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Based in Washington, D.C., and reporting to the Senior Vice President for Global Government Affairs, this senior position is responsible for international and tax issues areas across multiple business lines and corporate functions. The position will be a strategic agent in business development activities, operations, and policy on behalf of the Corporation. The position will actively engage with Sales, Regional Management, Business Line Management and Corporate Functions such as Tax to assist in project pursuits and resolve government imposed operational impediments. The position will make decisions in areas that may impact the organization and its employees, clients, contractors, budgets, policies, procedures, work practices and compliance programs.
The job entails a high degree of autonomy and an ability to represent the company at the highest level e.g., Finance Ministers, Ambassadors, Assistant Secretaries, Congressional Members and staff. The position will develop and execute strategies for global engagement through networks of domestic and international stakeholders. This position may also oversee the activities of others.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Sales support and advocacy through relationship building with clients, especially state-owned or controlled companies, and with governments, in markets where government plays a key role.
• Support for selected client policy objectives both domestically and overseas.
• Issue resolution such as tax disputes with foreign governments.
• Operational support such as movement of personnel.
• Represent Fluor and its business development and operational needs at senior levels – Ministers, Ambassadors, Members of Congress, and client representatives.
• Develop and maintain key relationships with foreign embassies and foreign government officials e.g., Finance or Energy Ministers.
• Develop and maintain key relationships with U.S. Government agencies e.g. American embassies, Departments of Commerce and State, U.S. Eximbank.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key legislators, staff and committees to effectively channel and lobby for the goals and interests of the Corporation.
• Educate key foreign and U.S. government decision makers on Fluor and its priorities.
• Manage outside bilateral and regional organizations which act as extension of the Fluor office.
• Serve on boards of regional, bilateral, and other business councils and participate in business coalitions.
• Identify and address policy issues such as international trade and tax issues specific to Fluor as they arise in both the Executive Branch and Congress, e.g. tariffs, sanctions or changes to international tax law and policy.
• Provide policy direction and coordinate operating unit government affairs initiatives.
Executive Board support
• Support senior executive service on Boards
Job ID: 141972BR
State: Washington DC
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.