Fluor Site Safety & Health Officer (SSHO) (TS/SCI Clearance Required) in Washington DC, United States
This position is contingent upon contract award
The purpose of this position is to manage the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Manage lower level professionals on HSE activities on large-scale Total Installed Cost (TIC) projects; duties may include the calculation and control of HSE budgets, staffing requirements and schedules; preparation of certification/classification programs and the preparation of the supporting HSE documents; direct studies to obtain technical environmental information about planned projects, coordination and execution of safety cases and support studies; Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA); Process Hazard Analyses (PHA); Fire Protection Specifications (FPS) and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) as required by certification or regulatory entities
• Manage, train and supervise HSE employees, inspectors, nurses, medics, and other employees working in the HSE department on a project through specialist knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs and goals
• Provide guidance, assistance and advice to business lines, project management, and Company organizations through interpretation of Company HSE practices and procedures in relation to client requirements and current legislation and regulations
• Make decisions on engineering/scientific problems and methods relating to HSE using advanced techniques, modifications and extensions of theories, precepts and practices of the particular field, related sciences and disciplines
• Provide input for HSE permit preparation on projects by maintaining specialist knowledge of current guidelines and regulations
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 127476BR
City: Washington DC
State: Washington DC
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.