Fluor Finance Manager in Warrenton, Virginia
This position performs financial analysis and manages a small group of analysts and technicians that perform financial procedures, and prepare financial plans and reports on a periodic or ad hoc basis. This role requires critical understanding of the business environment and how the applicable unit integrates into the corporation. This role is the key linkage between the assigned area and the planning process which requires active contribution to the control of the applicable business unit. • Deliver required results on time and under budget • Manage and supports significant initiatives as needed by management • Develop, establish, and continuously improve financial procedures, analysis, and reporting for the assigned area • Create guidelines and review plans, reports, and analysis prepared by staff • Analyze and document complex work processes and promote improvement (quality and efficiency) through root cause analysis and process improvement justification • Provide functional guidance regularly to technicians and financial analysts • Respond to questions regarding finance and accounting issues by possessing an expert understanding of finance and accounting activities and the transactions that form the basis of financial results • Other duties as assigned
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to twelve (12) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job • Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Keep apprised of changes in governmental, professional, and internal reporting requirements, accounting principles and standards through analysis of published materials, attendance at professional meetings and seminars, and discussions with corporate-wide financial professionals
Requisition ID: 72
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Fluor believes in and practices providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. It is the policy of Fluor to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals who are employees or applicants for employment.
If you require assistance or a religious accommodation, please submit a request HR.Compliance@fluor.com. Your request will be reviewed in a timely manner.
Only requests for accommodations should be submitted to the email above. All other inquiries will be disregarded.