At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This is a project specific position to be part of the site quality team on a U.S. government project for Tinian Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. The main purpose of this position is the Quality inspection and oversight of asphalt production and testing activities and perform surveillances as necessary for normal project operations.
They will perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of providing our clients and Fluor with projects that comply with the quality requirements stipulated in our prime contracts.
• Serve as the overall Construction Quality Control Manager when the CQCM is not on site.
• Implement the Quality Control Program (QCP) as approved by the Contracting Officer.
• Conduct QC meetings.
• Perform submittal review and approval.
• Ensure testing is performed.
• Provide QC certifications and documentation required in this Contract.
• Maintain quality of and inspect all work under the contract.
• Issue, review, and respond to nonconformances.
• Immediately stop any work that does not comply with Contract plans and specifications and direct removal and replacement of any defective work.
• Manage and coordinate the three phases of control (preparatory, initial and follow up activities).
• Manage and control documentation performed by testing laboratory personnel and any other inspection and testing personnel required by Contract.
• Manage the QC Inspection organization.
• Oversee the performance of Specialized Testing/Examinations.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position applies intensive and diversified knowledge of Quality principles and practices to construction assignments. This role plans and executes asphalt production and paving for construction assignments and being able to effectively interact with others.
The CQCM will report to the Director of Quality in Greenville. They will be responsible for implementing the Quality inspection and oversight of asphalt production and testing activities and perform surveillances as necessary for normal project operations.
The CQCM’s primary role is proactive engagement to ensure Client satisfaction of contractual compliance and perform oversight of the asphalt production activities along with performing surveillances of work activities associated with project operations. This includes interfacing with each Client, US Government Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO), Quality Assurance Representatives (QARs), and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) on questions, joint inspections/audits/efforts and issues related to government audit findings.
Job ID: 142067BR
Country: United States territory
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.