Senior Manager, Material Management
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest ethical and professional standards. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
This exciting position will serve as a Senior Material Manager/Senior Procurement Manager on medium to large-sized EPC/EPCM projects.
Day to day duties include:
• Under general supervision report operationally to the project manager and administrative and functional direction of the department manager, or designee;
• Promote a collaborative environment with open communication, and serve as project member in the formulation of plans and the execution of the overall material management activity and leads the effort in the planning and performs critical project supplier negotiations;
• Directs the development of all material management/procurement management activities including, but not limited to, development of project execution plans, development of individual purchase order strategies, Request for Quotation, develop and effectively execute sound evaluation, negotiation and award strategies, change management, and project close-out;
• Effectively leads all aspects of project related material management/procurement management functions, including but not limited to, Purchasing, Expediting, Material Planning, Traffic & Logistics and Field Material Management where required.
• Perform senior level backcharge/claim review, evaluations, negotiations and settlements;
• Provides general and direct supervision to material management/procurement management personnel assigned to the project;
• Performs material management activities in accordance with general business acumen, corporate Fluor Operating System Requirements (OSR), and the established project and Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures;
• Remains knowledgeable of business unit activity and keeps the SBU president’s direct reports informed concerning material management matters;
• Oversee and manage Material Management process on the project from Pre-Award, Post-Award through Close-Out in accordance with the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Project Procedures Manual (PPM), including claims and back charges;
• Support preparation of bid evaluation plans for large value critical Request for Quotation (RFQ) packages and participate in both technical and commercial bid evaluation and development of letters of award recommendations;
• Bear ultimate responsibility for the quality of the Project RFQ packages and Material Management documents.
• Manage interfaces with Project Management, Contracts, Engineering, Construction, Project Controls, Quality, HSE, Finance, and Joint Venture Partners;
• Manage and maintain good client relations;
• Protect the Company’s and Client’s interests by enforcing warranties, mitigating risk, and providing oversight to project material management team;
• Prepare, issue and present all relevant Project Material Management reports
Additional Duties may include:
• Perform audits on major projects;
• Develop and conduct functional training programs;
• Provide support to the Supply Chain Department by means of training, mentoring and coaching;
• Provide proposal development support by way of preparing proposal write-ups, effort hour estimates and assist in strategic sales strategies supporting Material Management;
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143458BR
State: British Columbia
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.