Fluor Senior Contracts Manager in Vancouver, British Columbia
Considering a change? Challenge yourself with Fluor!
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
This exciting position will serve as a Project Contracts Manager on medium to large-sized EPC projects.
Day to Day Duties:
• Under general supervision operationally to the project manager and administrative and functional direction of the department manager, or designee;
• Serves as project member in the formulation of plans and the execution of the overall contract management activity and assists in the planning and execution of specialized contracts management functions;
• Directs the development of all contracts management activities including, but not limited to, developments of contracts strategies, Request for Proposals, evaluations, awards, contract management, claims mitigation, and project close-out;
• Provides general and direct supervision to contracts management personnel assigned to the project;
• Performs contracts management activities in accordance with general business acumen, corporate OSR, and the established project and Contracts Management Plans, policies, and procedures;
• Remains knowledgeable of business unit activity and keeps the SBU president’s direct reports informed concerning contracts management matters;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Oversee and manage Contract Management process on the project from Pre-Award, Post-Award through Close-Out in accordance with the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Project Procedures Manual (PPM), including claims and back charges
• Support preparation of bid evaluation plans for large engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC) Request for Proposal (RFP) packages and participate in both technical and commercial bid evaluation; assist Project and Engineering Managers with preparing scope, schedule, and other technical documents for the RFP process
• Bear ultimate responsibility for the quality of the Project RFP packages and Contract documents
• Manage interfaces with Project Management, Construction, Project Controls, Quality, Safety, Finance, Client and Joint Venture Partners
• Protect the Company’s interests by enforcing warranties, mitigating risk, and providing oversight to project contract management teams
• Lead the contract management activities associated with large engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction / construction management (EPFC/EPFCM) projects with multi-office execution
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 127347BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.