Senior Contracts Manager
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest ethical and professional standards. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
This exciting position will serve as a Senior Project Contracts Manager on medium to large-sized EPC/EPCM projects.
Day to day duties include:
• Under general supervision operationally to the project manager and administrative and functional direction of the department manager, or designee;
• Promote a collaborative environment with open communication, and serve as project member in the formulation of plans and the execution of the overall contract management activity and leads the effort in the planning, performs critical project contractor negotiations and execution of specialized contracts management functions;
• Directs the development of all contracts management activities including, but not limited to, development overall project contracting strategy, development of individual contracts strategies, Request for Proposals, develop and effectively execute sound evaluation and award strategies, change management, contract management, develop claim prevention/mitigation program, and project close-out;
• Perform senior level claim reviews, evaluations, negotiations and settlements;
• Provides general and direct supervision to contracts management personnel assigned to the project;
• Performs contracts management activities in accordance with general business acumen, corporate Fluor Operating System Requirements (OSR), and the established project and Contracts Management Plans, policies, and procedures;
• Remains knowledgeable of business unit activity and keeps the SBU president’s direct reports informed concerning contracts management matters;
• Oversee and manage Contract Management process on the project from Pre-Award, Post-Award through Close-Out in accordance with the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Project Procedures Manual (PPM), including claims and back charges;
• Support preparation of bid evaluation plans for large engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC) Request for Proposal (RFP) packages and participate in both technical and commercial bid evaluation; assist Project and Engineering Managers with preparing scope, schedule, and other technical documents for the RFP process;
• Bear ultimate responsibility for the quality of the Project RFP packages and Contract documents;
• Manage interfaces with Project Management, Procurement, Engineering, Construction, Project Controls, Quality, HSE, Finance, and Joint Venture Partners;
• Manage and maintain good client relations;
• Protect the Company’s and Client’s interests by enforcing warranties, mitigating risk, and providing oversight to project contract management team;
Additional duties may include:
• Perform audits on major projects;
• Develop and conduct functional training programs;
• Provide support to the Supply Chain Department by means of training, mentoring and coaching;
• Provide proposal development support by way of preparing proposal write-ups, effort hour estimates and assist in strategic sales strategies supporting Contracts Management;
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143460BR
State: British Columbia
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.