Fluor Project Controls Planner / Scheduler – Lead – Mining & Metals in Vancouver, British Columbia
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology-based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
This position performs Project Control activities and/or supervises the preparation of Project Controls activities for a project or assignment. This role serves as Scheduling Team Leader on large mining projects and provides direct supervision to a team of project schedulers.
• Develop Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work defined by the contract;
• Develop totally integrated engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) schedules;
• Perform what-if schedule scenarios, advanced schedule analysis, and variance analysis reports;
• Analyze variances in schedule performance against the plan, and communicate the reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans to Project Management;
• As a Lead Scheduler analyze schedule, review delays, propose schedule recovery alternatives and presents them to internal groups as well as the client;
• Identify and manage schedule considerations and problems resulting from intergroup restraints and interfaces;
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 127961BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.