Fluor Project Automation Specialist in Vancouver, British Columbia
This position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organized or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The scope of position:
The Project automation Specialist I provides local support project support MasterPlant or other enterprise project automation technology. These technical specialists provide an intermediate level of end-user project support, project configuration, or special project modifications required.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide technical configuration and office support for SmartPlant 3D technology in conjunction with the Project Automation and Project Engineering Management groups
• Provide support for MicroStation v8i and AutoCAD products, including the configuration and set-up of drawing templates and the development and maintenance of project standards.
• Organize and translate multiple CAD format model and drawing files for use and implementation on projects, using SmartPlant Interop Publisher
• Provide end user support for software installation including the set-up, configuration and support of SmartPlant Review and Navisworks model review software.
• Develop, communicate and audit SmartPlant 3D technology project execution procedures and bulletins, in accordance with project practices and requirements
• Employ effective knowledge sharing behaviors in the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
• Collaborate with a more senior Project Automation Specialist (PAS) to analyze and evaluate the MasterPlant technology support and implementation requirements
• Provide routine end-user office support, project set-up and configuration or special project modifications required for the automation technology utilized
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor’s Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core skills of the job
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 106049BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.