Fluor Process Engineer - Intermediate - Mining & Metals in Vancouver, British Columbia
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology-based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
This position is responsible for providing all aspects of mineral processing and extractive metallurgy engineering and technical support for a variety of metallurgical systems at all stages of a mine’s project development cycle.
Your day to day activities and responsibilities include:
• Performing a broad range of process engineering technology assignments specific to the mining industry;
• Planning and conducting work in evaluation, selection, and application of standard process engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria;
• Periodically reviewing work of others to assure overall quality of process designs;
• Contacting and consulting with other engineering disciplines within the Company in addition to process engineers and supervisors;
• Understanding and following the effort-hours budget and process schedule;
• Supporting execution of the Quality Plan to ensure that work product meets defined requirement and standards, as needed;
• Applying mathematical calculations and basic process engineering principals to solve defined problems and size and select process equipment for comminution and beneficiation applications.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 126565BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.