Fluor Material Handling Designer - Senior - Mining & Metals in Vancouver, British Columbia
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology-based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
This position is responsible for CAD design and modelling of material handling equipment and facilities of mining and port operations.
Day to day activities and responsibilities include:
• Prepare 3D layouts and/or schematics for conceptual and detailed designs of advanced complexity in 2D (Intergraph Microstation V8) and 3D (Intergraph Smartplant);
• Create 3D models of material handling equipment including conveyers, bins, and crushing equipment;
• Conduct reviews of plant models using 3D review platform;
• Prepare 2D CAD drawings of advanced complexity in line with industry standard drafting practices;
• Assign work to and check work done by other designers;
• Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design;
• Review supplier drawings and incorporate their equipment in the drawings and model;
• Perform bulk material handling related platework design and material take-off lists and tabulations for cost estimating;
• Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, and conducting training seminars including performance appraisal input and counseling;
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines;
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
Job ID: 126587BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.