At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Our Project Controls Team in Vancouver, Canada is looking for a Senior Planner.
The Project Controls Team consists of Planning and Cost Engineering professionals. You will perform or supervise the planning of the project, based on the project execution strategies, which include the Project Controls activities for a project.
As a Senior Planner you will be responsible on projects and provide direct supervision to a small team of Planners assigned to the project in the Vancouver office or other Fluor offices involved in the execution of the project.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Implement and lead the Planning effort on project
• Lead planning effort for an element of scope on a larger project.
• Implement the Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures
• Analyze variances in schedule performance against the plan on regular time interval and provide forward looking strategies to mitigate variances
• Manage the project schedule and maintain the basis of schedule
• Actively communicate and collaborate with other project disciplines
• Interface with the project leadership team
• Facilitate, attend and implement Schedule Risk Analysis reviews
• Maintain working knowledge of the functionality of automated scheduling management systems
• Engage in the project change management process
• Participate in internal and external audits
• Analyze and make recommendations regarding solutions to problems
• Organize and prioritize a variety of multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143585BR
State: British Columbia
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.