Fluor Intermediate Material Handling Engineer in Vancouver, British Columbia
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
The purpose of this position is to provide intermediate technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a small set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Develop material handling design of facilities, select and size equipment, prepare calculations.
• Assist the Lead in employing cost competitive engineering techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work,
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design
• Develop and build external relations with client representatives, vendors, and subcontractors and interface closely with other discipline functions
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Review and approve vendor lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders and review substitutions for technical acceptability
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate engineering complexity
• Establish and lead the squad check effort for vendor equipment documentation for assigned equipment
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Prepare/review scopes of work for third party contracts
• Support proposal and estimate activities
• Identify deviations in job scope, estimate magnitude of changes and initiate trends or change orders
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, and performance appraisal input and counseling
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 126024BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.