At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor Consultants BV is focusing on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities including projects driven by the energy transition and sustainability, in the process industry, in the southern part of the Netherlands. Our offices in Bergen op Zoom, Rotterdam and at Chemelot (Geleen) provide the full portfolio of project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support.
We have the unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to our clients. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
The Civil Structural group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects the Civil Structural design team is responsible for the design of new concrete, steel structures and platforms as well as modifications on existing structures, support steel for Piping and foundations .
Fluor’s target industries are: Oil & GAS, Chemicals, Renewable Energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing.
They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Develop, Design and check Civil and Structural drawings including vendor drawings in several project phases e.g. conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering
• Input to Basic Engineering Design Packages and Writing of contractors scope of work
• Supervision, planning, organization of the work :
Lead /coordinate a design team (4-10 people); Assign work in cooperation with the lead engineer.
Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level designers
• Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
• Perform Field measurements independently
• Participate in design reviews within the Project team
• Work independently, controls / leads small teams including offshored work
• Have practical knowledge of field installations
• Assure quality of work assigned, assure technical integrity of design documents
• Proactive reporting project status and constraints to the Lead Engineer
Fluor can offer:
• Competitive salary package including a variable profit sharing
• A fiscal maximized defined contribution pension scheme
• A flexible work arrangement with the possibility to work from home and save additional vacation days on top of the regular paid vacation days
• An excellent insurance package in addition to the Dutch social security
• Excellent development opportunities in a dynamic international project environment
Job ID: 141094BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.