Fluor Project Director I - Rail, Transit in TBD, United States
Fluor led DB and P3 teams are organized as independent joint-venture (JV) or limited liability companies (LLC) backed by the resources and capabilities of the partner firms. As such our project teams operate as largely self-contained organizations placing significant financial, operations and profit and loss responsibility with the Fluor Project Director. This business model offers the right candidate the opportunity to lead some of the largest design and construction infrastructure projects within a proven management and leadership structure that provides the ability for one to make his or her mark on the industry.
A major part of Fluor’s success has been the use of pursuit teams that heavily incorporate key execution personnel into the bidding effort. On almost all pursuit efforts the EProject Director is assigned to the pursuit early in the process and tasked with leading an on-site bid team comprised of execution representatives from Fluor and the partner companies. This bid team is tasked with leading the development of a third-party (consultant) design and execution approach for the bid. Essentially the Project Director is responsible for “winning and executing” his or her own project. Under this model the Project Director will generally spend six to nine months leading the on-site bid team followed by executing the project according to the submitted bid and execution plan. The Project Director is responsible for setting up, planning, bidding and executing his or her own project rather than accepting a project developed largely by others.
As the leader of a joint venture company, the Fluor Project Director is based at the project site with full day-to-day responsibility for the successful execution of the project. Note that the management of the joint venture company at all times includes leading employees of all partner firms that are seconded to the JV or LLC. The Project Director is responsible for the joint venture activities and reports to Board of Directors comprised of senior management from each partner firm. While the Project Director is responsible to the Members for the execution of the project, they also report to Fluor’s Vice President of Operations. As the senior leader of the project team, the Project Director is responsible for performing the essential project management, business management, client relations and design/construction execution to ensure the project is performed in accordance with the contract and the values of: safety, teamwork, excellence, integrity, quality, and profitability of Fluor.
Of great importance will be the Project Director’s commitment to developing high performance project teams, driving a client service excellence and cost competitive culture, and upholding the high ethical standards of Fluor.
The Project Director will be responsible for the following key activities:
• Overall responsibility for delivery of projects in line with contractual and financial targets;
• Provide Leadership, direction and mentoring to large scale multi-disciplinary teams developing high quality solutions on time, to budget and to contract requirements;
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) is emphasized throughout all phases of the project and demonstrating operational excellence on topics such as HSE, client excellence, and team performance;
• Actively engage in the sales process in conjunction with Sales, Estimating and partner management;
• Lead development of execution strategies and operations facets of lump sum bids;
• Work with supporting Organization Managers and Human Resources to ensure adequate resources are deployed as well as maintaining an engaged and competitive project workforce.
• Establish the project baseline, and ensure that it is fully documented, updated throughout all project phases, and appropriately communicated to the project team
• Responsible to ensure projects are executed in accordance with Fluor’s Operating System Requirements and contractual quality assurance and execution documents;
• Manage multi-disciplinary teams;
• Accountable for project commercial and contractual decisions to the limits outlined in the Fluor approval matrix and in accordance with the joint venture or LLC requirements;
• Provide execution leadership in project offices to an integrated execution team;
• Taking full ownership for project profit and loss and delivering better than as-sold Project Gross Margin (PGM);
• Create and maintain strong client relationships which can secure repeat business and expand Fluor’s footprint;
• Build meaningful relationships with partners, internal stakeholders and key suppliers
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential project management job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project. This position performs all project management responsibilities on medium to large sized and moderate to high risk engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) projects. This position may also be assigned responsibility for a substantial area of a mega project. When acting in the role of a Proposal Manager, this position is responsible for managing completion of technical and commercial proposals, providing project planning, means and methods of project execution and strategy, schedule preparation, cost estimating, and Project Execution and Commercial Execution Strategy.
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) is emphasized throughout all phases of the project
• Ensure execution of all aspects of the project in accordance with contractual obligations, Fluor’s Operating System Requirements (OSR) and the relevant Operating System Implementation Plan (OSIP)
• Ensure full compliance with Fluor prime contract with regard to client reporting, notifications, project system start-up and close-out requirements
• Establish the project baseline (as defined in the OSR), and ensure that it is fully documented, updated throughout all project phases, and appropriately communicated to Fluor project team
• Deliver the project in accordance with the project execution and commercial baselines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 111873BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.