At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of America’s top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position serves as a senior purchasing and/or expediting project team member who, with guidance from Purchasing Management, handles critical project material within established Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, organize, direct, and control an appropriate portion of the purchasing and/or expediting function on a project
• Develop, or assist in the development of purchasing and/or expediting on the project
• Perform material buying and/or expediting activities in accordance with the corporate Operating System Requirements (OSR) and established project
• Provide general and direct supervision to the purchasing, expediting, and other support staff as assigned
• Responsible for the implementation, management, and monitoring of the Material Management Work Process with the approved Corporate Reference Tool for Material Management to meet project requirements and schedule
• Negotiate and/or provide assistance in negotiation of large to complex equipment and bulk material packages to obtain best value for the Project
• Review, analyze, negotiate Terms and Conditions, based on Prime Contract flow downs
• Maintain the highest ethical standards of Material Management professional responsibility
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141212BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.