Fluor Offshore Construction Installation Lead-Principal Technical Specialist in Sugar Land, Texas
• Perform and check pipeline calculations and design using both computer-aided and manual techniques.
• Serve as Lead or Area Lead on assigned projects or complex engineering assignment.
• Perform, as required, the following: job organization and planning, proposal and estimate support, write/review specifications including design criteria, make/maintain schedules, make/monitor estimates and manpower forecasts, assign work, work with project/client/field, material procurement, permit, and subcontract activities.
• Provide guidance/supervision to other engineers/designers and function as mentor to less experienced engineers and designers.
• Prepare and perform to estimates, schedules, man-hour, manpower, and material forecasts.
• Direct and oversee audits.
• Conduct lunch-time technical seminars.
• Assist, as requested, in the development of department standards and procedures. Assist with departmental administrative duties, or with other company functions outside the department.
• Actively participate in, promote, and maximize the use of, Fluor’s Pipeline Knowledge Community and other available resources.
• Support the Discipline Excellence Leader on assignments, as required.
• Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
• Administer performance appraisal input and counseling.
• Actively participate in external technical seminars and self-enroll in advance management training courses.
• Develop and build client relations.
• Interface closer with, and promote the understanding of other discipline functions
• Competent in leading pipeline field construction management
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 112170BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.