At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor, together with its joint-venture partner AECOM, has been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California's Central Valley.
This position adheres to and supports the objective and responsibilities of the Risk & Insurance Management Department. The position bears responsibility for the direct support of the planning, implementation, and operation of insurance and risk management programs at the strategic business unit (SBU) and/or corporate level.
Under the general direction of the Capital Insurance Program Manager, the Insurance Analyst performs a variety of tasks in the Risk Management Office related to construction risk and insurance management. The incumbent provides strategic and administrative support to the Capital Insurance Program Manager in the development and implementation of the Authority’s insurance programs, including the Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP). The incumbent also manages the Authority’s Program Contract Insurance Tracker (PCIT) to ensure all contracts are in compliance with insurance specifications.
• Analyzes insurance bid specifications, quotations, binders, and policies in the procurement of liability insurance on state-sponsored insurance programs and traditional insurance programs to ensure adequate risk management. Tasks associated with risk management include reviewing insurance certificates and policies for compliance and assisting the Capital Insurance Program Manager in the development, implementation, and oversight of the Authority’s Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP).
• Receives and reviews contract insurance documents against contract requirements for new and current contracts and enter insurance information into the Program Contract Insurance Tracker (PCIT). Contact contract managers and/or insurance brokers to notify and request for insurance renewals. Monitor and update the PCIT. Generate weekly status reports and summarize results to Capital Insurance Program Manager.
• Evaluates coverage plans and assists the Capital Insurance Program Manager to resolve policy coverage and equivalency issues.
• Provides support in training and counseling to the Authority in the development and administration of contract insurance.
• Reviews and prepares analysis of proposed legislation affecting the Authority’s construction contract insurance and other liability risks.
• Assists the Capital Insurance Program Manager in various risk and insurance management tasks.
Job ID: 140012BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.