At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor, together with its joint-venture partner AECOM, has been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California’s Central Valley.
This position provides technical and strategic direction for Estimating. This position requires frequent interface with Estimating functional leadership, project personnel, engineers, “persons most knowledgeable” in support functions and estimating members. And as a leadership role, this position requires mentoring less experienced estimators and promoting innovation, creativity, benchmarking, and problem solving.
• Direct all activities with respect to estimate quality, execution, planning, staffing, consistency, and systems training
• Support and interface with business unit management in the preparation of proposals in areas specific to cost and benchmark to previous proposals with information of deliverables consistent to other similar projects
• Present and sell an estimate to management and the client with authority and credibility
• Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities, and timely performance feedback
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• The employee works in the Program Management & Oversight Branch under the California High- Speed Rail Authority’s Office of the Program Delivery.
• Works in the development of all capital cost estimates for CAHSR from planning conceptual level to final design and construction cost estimates.
• Facilitates the development of information used to develop cost estimates with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Supports the development of the bi-annual Programmatic Business Plan capital cost estimates, Program Baselines and Project Update Reports.
• Supports the review of Contractor change order estimates / claims and prepare independent cost estimates for reconciliation.
• Develop policies and procedures for programmatic cost estimating.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141192BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.