At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The Construction Planner provides field construction management services to include technical support, project estimation, change management documentation, scheduling input, overall construction execution, maintenance services, project turnover, and emergency coverage.
The Construction Planner will be the primary liaison between the client, contractors, and engineering. They are responsible for executing all work on schedule and within budget
The Construction Planner will drive safety, cost, schedule control, quality assurance, providing information to finance, input to contracts administration, material management, construction completion and turnover.
• Review engineering documents, vendor information and final design EI packages as needed with the client, design engineers and others to provide constructability during all phases of the project.
• Ensure that you fully understand the scope of work from initial conception to construction completion. Attend all team meetings, estimate reviews and provide construction input to each line item of the cost estimate. This may include working with trade partners to establish scope and associated costs. All estimate line items will require supporting data, maintain files associated to cost estimates properly. Planners will validate all cost estimates to ensure all scope is represented, cost accounted for, and proper coding & grouping prior to it being considered final. The cost of performing work item tasks should represent, as close as possible, the scope of work to be preformed as identified in Engineering Information and other supporting documents. Any deviations are to be addressed utilizing the change management process.
• Coordinate with the appropriate trade partner supervisor to review, walk down and communicate the scope of work.
• Technically evaluate quotes and bids from contractors and suppliers with Procurement, client PM/Tech and client Auditing personnel.
• Get proper approval for all RFA’s and change orders prior to beginning work.
• Promote the importance of safety. Complete one BOS form each week, at a minimum.
• Field Safety Assessments are designed to keep contractor safety in compliance. An assessment schedule will be developed monthly for Planners, Contractor Supervisors and Contractor Craft personnel to meet auditing requirements. Planner Assessment tracking will be posted on the LCS shared drive.
• Establish or coordinate special deliverables for projects. All projects require a Construction Execution Plan, Sourcing Plan, project permit requirements review, project schedules, project cost tracking, quality monitoring and turnover packages.
• Work with project scheduler or trade partners to develop accurate schedules providing task list, duration, and sequencing information.
• Coordinate with procurement to generate complete and accurate Request for Action (RFA). The information should be provided to procurement in a timely manner.
• Participate in pre-bid meetings.
• Ensure that all project related data is routed through the proper channels and retained in proper project files on LCS shared drive.
• Document all scope changes on a change order prior to the work being performed.
• Monitor the work in the field. Make frequent daily walks in the field to review, monitor, and evaluate the contractor’s progress, performance, quality and compliance to the site safety rules, specific requirements, and procedures.
• Approve T&M timesheets. Verify that the work was performed that day and ensure contractors are using the correct WBS numbers. Timesheets used by all contractors are to be the LCS Standard Timesheet or previously approved documents.
• Participate in monthly/weekly cost and schedule meetings. Actively participate in all project meetings.
• Lead all required daily safety / execution huddles.
• Communicate with clients and trade partners on schedule, cost, safety, and other project related matters via e-mail and daily contact.
• Ensure client needs are met within our guidelines.
• Coordinate completion of construction activities. Prepare and track punch list and/or exception list to ensure the readiness of system for release or turnover to the client for start-up.
• At the end of each project create a construction completion turnover package that includes all appropriate project data.
• Coordinate with client technicians and safety to ensure all site specific permits are thoroughly understood by the contractor and are being used and/or issued properly. Coordinate and schedule the timing for site orientations with Safety when bringing new hires and/or contractors on site.
• Maintain a good set of project files and keep your documentation neat and orderly.
• Keep work area clean, neat and organized. Adhere to zone ownership rules.
• Investigate and help resolve engineering and technical related problems.
• Adhere to site security policies.
• Adhere to site standards and policies.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143695BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.