Fluor Electrician in Russellville, Kentucky
Fluor, at the Logan Aluminum site in Russellville, KY is accepting applications/resumes for various level maintenance and construction electricians. The primary duties and desired skills are listed below, but are not limited to this list, as other duties may be assigned as well.
The following is a list of desired skills for the job:
• Follow all company, and site health, safety & environmental requirements
• Ability to work and thrive in team environment
• Fit and bend conduit (GRC, EMT, PVC)
• Perform clean-up activities
• Perform material handling & storage duties
• Pull, form, or lay electrical wire/cables
• Identify, use & care of common hand and power tools
• Basic rigging
• Able to understand and utilize hand held communicators and test equipment
• Knowledge of electrical systems including mains and subs/switchgear up to and including high voltage.
• Understand and be able to execute various terminating and splicing processes.
• Understand transformers, 3 phase electric, AC, DC, motors, drives, starters, switches, relays, contacts, and PLC’s
• Construction drawing and blueprint knowledge/reading and interpretation
• Use of fastener devices
• Fabricate & install hangers, wireways, supports, brackets, braces & stands
• Install grounding and bending systems
• Use and care of craft specific tools
• Splice electrical wire
• Checkout megging wire, wire identification and tagging
• Troubleshooting of control systems
• Install buss bar and flexible cable
• Perform Material take-off
• Layout from blueprints
• Perform control panel installation
• Perform panel layout and build
• Apply craft related mathematics
General Responsibilities and conditions of position:
• Applicant must be able to understand and carry out oral instruction.
• Read and carry out written instruction
• At request, be able to work overtime
• Work swing shifts, and some weekends
• Work at varying heights
• Work in extreme heat
• Work where noise level is above 89 decibels
• Work in wetness/humidity
• Bend knees for lifting and routine work tasks
• Stoop for work positioning and lifting
• Lift maximum 50 lbs without assistance
• See hazards, safety warnings, and barriers
• Hear verbal instructions and audible safety warnings
• Assemble and disassemble objects
• Operate complex equipment and power tools
• Operate small equipment and power tools
• Work in cramped quarters
• Work in environment of fluctuating ventilation
• Work Outside
• Climb ladders and structures for work task
• Kneel for work positioning and task completion
• Balance on ladders, scaffolds, and Structures
• Reach above shoulders and away from body
• Demonstrate manual dexterity.
• Able to work in a multi-discipline environment as a team player
• Willing to perform multi-craft duties if assigned.
Job ID: 105150BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.