Fluor Construction Engineering Supervisor I/Utility Coordination Engineer in Riverdale Park, Maryland
The Purple Line Transit Constructors, LLC Design-Build Team is seeking a Utility Coordination Engineer, that will transition into the role of Utility Construction Manager for Water, Sewer, Gas and Steam utilities.
During the design phase of the project, the Utility Coordination Engineer position reports to the Utility Coordination Manger. As the project transitions from design into construction, this position reports to the Construction Support Manager.
Individual in this role will provide oversight of the utility design, construction, third party requirements, safety and environmental. It requires sound technical/business judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management activities. This role has the overall objective of managing and coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the completed project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead the interface, communications, and relationship with Utility Owners.
• Oversight and tracking of design deliverables. Including generating transmittals, participating in construability reviews, maintaining tracking logs, and documenting deliverable delays.
• Scheduling Utility Owner Work and ensuring timely response to support inspections, tie-ins, etc. This will include providing regular written notifications to Utility Owners (weekly/monthly), and tracking Utility Owner Work progress to report back to the Purple Line project team.
• Coordinate and develop the required documentation to communicate (external/internal) project contractual and technical issues, status and progress reports, conduct/coordinate related meetings, prepare agenda, complete meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
• Track and report Utility Owner costs, responsible for reviewing and approving invoices, and confirmation of payment.
• Track and manage RFIs/FDCs/NCRs/Submittals between the field, PLTC designers, Utility Owners, and MTA.
• Provide input to monthly reporting on Utility Owner work
• Compile as-built packages for submission to Utility Owners.
• Oversee coordination of contractual and technical requirements related to Utility Owners, MTA, Concessionaire and Design-Builder and manage relationships. Responsible for understanding and communicating responsibilities as defined in contract and Utility Owner Memorandum of Agreements (MOAs).
• Identify and evaluate issues and events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project or scope of work, cost, or schedule and assist in the implementation of the change management
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 109761BR
City: Riverdale Park
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.