Fluor Construction Engineer III in Riverdale Park, Maryland
This position is a mid-level position to plan and manage work for transit rail design, construction, testing and commissioning. It requires sound technical/business judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management activities. This role has the overall objective of managing and coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the completed project. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Understanding of structural behavior and detailed knowledge of current codes and standard
· Oversee major design and/or construction subcontractors
· Participate in design coordination meetings between sub-contractor and other designers
· Manage and coordinate subcontractor field work with other contractors and across multiple construction work zones
· Ability to multi-task and manage a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
· Capability to manage tasks and costs; and deliver programmed work on time and under budget
· Good IT skills
· Experience of construction supervision
· Interfacing with other PLTC field engineers, construction superintendents, and various PLTC Departments such as Purchasing, Contracting, etc.
· Preparation of contract documents and fee estimates
· Other duties as assigned
· Capable of reading and understanding contract drawings, shop drawings and have a working knowledge of how to apply them towards actual construction.
· Ability to work with Superintendents to develop Construction Work Plans for crews that will ensure safety, quality, and schedule of work elements to be built. Perform routine field visits of operations to verify if Construction Work Plans are being executed.
· Experience reviewing timesheets and daily reports from subcontractors including tracking of quantities and recognizing potential changed conditions.
· Good communications skills can clearly articulate issues and solutions to the responsible parties
Job ID: 114036BR
City: Riverdale Park
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.