Senior Permitting Land Manager
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor, together with its joint-venture partner AECOM, has been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California’s Central Valley.
Under the general direction of the PDS Assistant and Deputy Assistant Environmental Services Managers and the Authority Director of Environmental Services, the Senior Permitting Specialist works in the Program Delivery group, which is part of the California High-Speed Rail Authority’s (Authority’s) Office of Program Delivery, Environmental Services Branch and reports directly to the Deputy Assistant Environmental Services Manager.
The Senior Permitting Specialist will work closely with and advise Authority staff, legal counsel, and other team members throughout projects’ environmental clearance under NEPA and CEQA, permitting processes under the Clean Water Act, State and federal endangered species acts, Porter-Cologne, and other State and federal environmental laws and regulations, and construction-phase compliance. This position requires excellent writing skills, and a writing example will be requested.
The Senior Permitting Specialist is responsible for providing management and oversight in the preparation of State and federal permit applications for Authority projects, review and analysis of NEPA and CEQA documents, compensatory mitigation procurement, and construction compliance for 119 miles under construction in the Central Valley. The Senior Permitting Specialist is responsible for the following tasks:
• Support the Authority in the strategy development, preparation, and acquisition of regulatory permits and approvals under Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act, Section 7 of the federal Endangered Species Act, Section 2081 of the California Endangered Species Act, and Section 1600 of the California Fish & Game Code, among others.
• Support the Authority to manage the State and federal regulatory processes to secure the issuance of Notices of Determination (NODs) and Records of Decisions (RODs).
• Serve as a main point-of-contact for regulatory agencies relative to the areas of natural resource mitigation, permitting, and compliance demonstration.
• Support the Authority’s procurement of compensatory mitigation by evaluating compensatory mitigation requirements, analyzing market availability, preparing procurement documents, and managing mitigation contracts with third parties.
• Assist with applications for permit amendments as needed.
• Assist with construction-phase compliance including using the Environmental Management and Mitigation Assessment database application, responding to regulatory agency requests, and reporting.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143624BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.