Business Compliance Analyst
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor, together with its joint-venture partner AECOM, has been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California’s Central Valley.
Under the direction of the Small Business Advocate, the incumbent assists in the development and implementation of a statewide High-Speed Rail Business program to achieve and advance the Authority policies and goals for state Microbusinesses, Small Businesses, Disabled Veteran Businesses, and Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprises participation in the high-speed rail program. The incumbent supports the HSR Business Compliance and Outreach teams and attends outreach events, both virtual and in person.
Program Management Support (~50%)
• Develops and deploys innovative strategies, program plans, and policies to garner SB/DVBE/DBE participation in the high-speed rail program, including project management of work for internal staff, consultants, government partners, and regional representatives.
• Assists with the development and implementation of a statewide HSR Business Program for the Authority. Duties include, but are not limited to, representing the Authority at public speaking engagements, attending, and participating in relevant conferences and partner sponsored events, planning and coordinating Authority sponsored events and technical workshops for small businesses, and participating in media events.
• Develops innovative strategies to attract SB/DVBE/DBE participation in the high-speed rail program, including working with all levels of government partners, businesses, and business representatives.
• Develops, drafts, and publishes promotional and educational materials on the Authority’s HSR Business program, including but not limited to fact sheets and newsletters.
• Project management of SB/DVBE/DBE SharePoint Outreach and Compliance sites, including content creation in efforts to streamline document collaboration of files, and organizational file structure.
• Provide administrative support through policymaking, administration, implementation, input, and feedback of components related to contract compliance and internal business operations.
• Works in collaboration with other Authority departments with SB/DVBE/DBE related activities.
• Coordinate and garner relationships with Small Business partners, Regional Directors, and liaisons in efforts to strengthen the expansion of the Authority’s Business Program.
• Builds collaborative relationships and fosters an inclusive environment for consensus-building and decision-making.
Business Compliance Program Support (~50%)
• Develops, compiles, and presents SB/DVBE/DBE utilization data across all Professional Services and Construction Agreements and Packages.
• Generates and prepares utilization database reports and prepare specialized datasheets as requested by Authority units, the public, or other stakeholders.
• Enters SB/DVBE/DBE utilization data into business compliance database.
• Reviews Contractor’s SB/DVBE/DBE Utilization monthly reports including, Forms 103, 104, 105, Monthly Narrative, Prompt Payment reports, Invoice reports, check ledgers, and cash receipt reports as needed to verify accuracy of submitted forms and reports.
• Reviews, verifies, and provides written recommendation of approval or denial of Contractors “Request to Add” (RTA) Subcontractor/Supplier.
• Reviews and verifies all documents supporting the Contractors RTA including current SB, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) certification, consistent with scope of work, classification and NAICS code as written in the executed Agreement.
• Audits SB/DBE/DVBE certification status on an on-going basis.
• Provides technical assistance and subject matter expertise to Authority Units for matters involving the HSR Business Program, SB utilization and Contractor/Subcontractor data.
• Responds to requests from contract managers, contractors, and the public, for all internal and external inquiries regarding HSR Business program compliance.
• Consults, advises, and makes recommendations regarding corrective actions due to violations and discrepancies.
• Provides secondary audits of reports produced by Business Compliance team members.
• Assists in the resolution of SB/DVBE/DBE inquiries, supportive services referrals, and complaints.
• Audits and monitors the accuracy and consistency of SB/DVBE/DBE utilization data across all Authority HSR Business Program webpages.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143626BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.