Fluor Deputy Maintenance Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
Responsible for leading the day to day maintenance of the Arizona SR 202 project. The project consists of 22 miles of new freeway, bridges, interchanges, and landscaping, sound wall, signage and drainage assets.
Five (5) years of experience managing or leading maintenance or operations of federally funded controlled access freeway system, including responsibility for structures, pavements, roadside appurtenances, and traffic control.
Verifies work, interprets the contract, and gives direction on schedules and subcontractor work. This position works in collaboration with the Maintenance Manager to coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of a services plan consistent with the identified needs of the client and the contract.
An individual must be able to meet and maintain successful performance of each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are the representative knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Ensures completion of condition assessment of pavements, signs, guardrails, bridges, vegetation, and other contract requirements.
• Determines best approach (self-performance or subcontract) for bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost, timeliness, and efficiency. Sources and qualifies new subcontractors.
• Serves as technical advisor to work crews.
• Works with Maintenance Manager to schedule work to be performed.
• Inspects in-process and completed work to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
• Acts as a communication link between the Maintenance Manager and operations personnel.
• Obtains, inspects, and controls fleet (maintenance, fuel cards, etc.). Manage, monitor, and control highway project assets and materials.
• Responsible for proper work reporting, timesheets, budgeting, and other systems. Prepares reports and correspondence as necessary. Ensures data in the MMIS is accurate.
• Seeks to continually improve workplace safety by attending and conducting workplace inspections, toolbox talks, hazard assessments etc.
• Promote a positive safety culture in the work place through personal example and by requiring full compliance of all safety policies and procedures.
Job ID: 118230BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.