Lead Mechanical Engineer
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Lead Mechanical Engineer
You might have heard of us, and you might not have, but we definitely want to hear from you!
Why? I thought you’d never ask.
We are partnering with a Tier 1 in Perth on a Rare Earth's Refinery project. The result of this engineering project will be the production of a rare earth oxide that is critical across a range of industries and technologies including electric vehicles, sustainable energy, advanced electronics, medical and defence applications. And we are now at the stage where we need someone to take us to the next level and bring in fresh ideas whilst utilising the global expertise of Fluor.
Why Choose Us:
• Central location plus EOT facilities and free onsite gym at Perth HQ.
• A work environment that looks to deliver and encourage you.
• Management that are there, sleeves rolled up whenever you call.
• Visible career progression that could see you working globally if you choose.
• Trust. You will be hired because you are an expert and enabled to deliver on that expertise.
• Interesting work, not just the usual copy and paste.
• A compensation package that will afford you (pardon the pun) to focus on your role and not see you looking at Seek. (double pun).
• Basically, a role that can turn into a career if you want it to. It’s your choice!
• You will be working on a project scope that has been divided into two key areas.
• As the project heads into its detailed design phase, your responsibility will be to lead the mechanical team to deliver the engineering design for one of these two areas.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Work with the designers to develop the plant layout and detailed design.
• Support the Mechanical Engineers in performing design calculations, developing and adjudication of equipment packages.
• Interface with the relevant other engineering disciplines and apply relevant engineering principles, tools, skills, and experience to provide ideas & solutions to project assignments.
• Interface with Project Engineering and Construction team to ensure deliverables are meeting project requirements.
• Lead the project in scheduling, and progress, planning, and reporting.
• Performs all assigned activities in accordance with mechanical engineering discipline policies, procedures, and standard methods of operation.
• No doubt your CV is ready to go after reading the above hey?
• Career aspirations to work on interesting and challenging projects.
• A genuine passion to lead by example and develop the next generation of engineers.
• Always ready to get that buzz of being able to work with and present to external and internal stakeholders to showcase what your team are creating, doing, and solving.
• Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical).
• Experience in a design/consultancy environment in an engineering capacity and if you have worked on mineral processing and/or refinery, chemical plant projects a major tick the box.
• A mindset that seeks solutions to some of the world’s biggest engineering projects.
Who is Fluor:
Fluor is one of the world's largest publicly traded engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and maintenance companies, providing innovative EPC services to government and private-sector clients in diverse industries. Our Australian HQ is located in the CBD with our project offices being up and down the terrace.
Ok the next steps are pretty straight forward, click through to apply, upload your details and yes I am aware that the process is a tad cumbersome but the business is moving to a new more candidate central system very soon so we do appreciate your time and I can assure you someone will look at every application and we will be in touch regardless as every application deserves closure.
We encourage everyone to apply who feel that they can contribute positively to the future of Fluor and most of all to your own professional development.
Job ID: 143418BR
State: Western Australia
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.