Fluor Lifting and Hositing Specialist in Manila, Philippines
In general, the role performs constructability review and equipment layout to determine efficiency of maintenance and construction. Provides input and assist engineering and procurement to ensure that the safest and most effective methods are used for rigging, lifting and transporting heavy equipment. Also, assist in determining the size and number of cranes required for a project.
· Design lifting attachments and specialized rigging gear. Rigging engineering design or review of the design of lifting lugs can often eliminate the need for additional expensive rigging equipment.
· Prepare detailed rigging plans that eliminate questions in the field, saving time and making the most efficient use of the equipment.
· Review subcontractor rigging plans. Safety, interferences with installations and operations.
· Monitor field operations. Rigging engineering review of the major lifting operations to help improve overall safety of the lifts.
· Facilitate site operations by receiving input and revising plans to meet changing site conditions to ensure that the operations are conducted as efficiently as possible.
· Travel to site as consultants on critical lifts to insure that they are conducted as efficiently as safely as possible.
· Provide rigging program and design tools – ie. Lift Classifications, Line of Responsibility and Checklist, etc.
· Prepare transportations / hauling studies and develop the envelope of largest sizes and weight of equipment or modules that can be economically delivered to a site.
· Survey and evaluate heavy haul routes for clearances, additional bridge supports, determine the most direct route to the site and assess off-loading docks capability for handling the equipment.
· Provide riging economic and feasibility studies if needed.
Job ID: 109651BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.