Fluor Data Center Critical Environment Technician II (TS Clearance Required) in Manassas, Virginia
Responsible for ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center is operating at peak efficiency. This involves both planned preventative maintenance of equipment, daily corrective work, and emergency response to emergent issues. The technician serves as an expert technical resource reporting to a program manager, interacting with Onsite Engineering Operations (OEO) and any third party vendors. They are expected to be a singular focal point for all facility operations within a given data center and to support operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
• Utilizes safe working practices; can apply lockout/tagout, SDS, applies good housekeeping methods, etc. Ability to type and utilize common administrative and office software.
• Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, blueprints, floor plans, construction documents, mechanical riser drawings, OEM operating and maintenance instructions, job specifications, and MOP/SOP's.
• Ability to use hand tools and test equipment to install, troubleshoot, and repair new or replacement parts for existing mechanical and electrical equipment covered under CFT2 classified procedures, according to specifications and established safety guidelines, relying on MOP's, manufactuer's literature, and industry best practices to perform tasks under supervision, and ensures activites are logged in CMMS.
• Capable of assisting a CFT3/4 technician with CFT3 classified procedures (MOP/SOP) associated with the site/campus they are based; and ability to transfer knowledge and train other technicians.
• Daily walk-through of facility documenting parameters such as power availability, temperature and humidity, alarm status, etc. to be catalogued and compared for identification of discrepancies and trends.
• Conversant in site-specific processes and procedures such as procedure creation and review standards, procedure instructions and templates, how to report an incident or outage, procedure execution, PM standards, CMMS standards and policy, work order and notification, as well as the use of Sharepoint to access CE procedures and training content.
• Understand how to action all site primary and secondary EOP's, focusing on mastering the first responder role during an emergency. Fully conversant on how to complete drills associated with the site primary and secondary EOP's.
• Understand the function, purpose, nominal operating parameters, and how to operate/isolate and start up: MV/LV Distribution Boards, MV/LV Breakers, UPS, Generator, Batteries, STS, ATS, AHU, DX units, Chillers, Evap Washer Systems, CRAC Units, Fuel Systems, ASCO Systems, BMS System, EPMS System, and Fire Alarm System.
• Conversant of the BMS and EPMS systems and the impact of any state change, capable of navigating the system, interpreting alarms, and able to perform controlled shutdowns/startups/equipment rotations.
• If applicable to the role, disables and enables fire alarm control panels and systems.
• Maintain maintenance records as required by City, State, and EPA regulations. Interprets building codes and local and federal regulations as they relate to installations, and applies them as required by the site.
• Identify required materials and parts for maintenance and repair to facilitate procurement.
• Prefer candidates who are capable of utilizing appropriate test equipment, including infrared scanning and vibration analyzing meter, to perform system and equipment diagnostics.
Job ID: 128058BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.