At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position is the primary site Shift Leader for all activities that involve the operations of trains, the movement of passengers and the posture of wayside system components and personnel.
Demonstrates leadership with sound business ethics, consistently acting and heaving in a manner that is aligned with LINXS Operators’ values, while being customer-centric focused. Enforces LINXS Operators safety policies and standards. Responsible to communicate to and train employees on safety standards and procedures. Conduct safety audits, risk assessments and perform other safety related tasks to reduce or eliminate hazards and identify risks. Correct unacceptable behavior and access whether corrective actions or progressive discipline is required for an employee who engages in unacceptable behavior. Responsible to report all incidents to the Operations Control Center, as well as senior staff, for matters which affect safety and passenger service availability. Additionally, responsible for the development and implementation of shift work schedules that effectively and efficiently uses resources to support passenger service availability. Works in the position of Operations Center Operator for break periods, lunch and other times to ensure consistency of operations and maintenance. Supervises all passenger service availability activities in accordance with service planning to include service levels, radio communication, spare train utilization, troubleshooting, testing, and any other functions which affect the delivery of customer service. Implements contingency plans for service disruptions an emergencies to minimize delays. Ensure vehicles are scheduled for service, inspections, cleaning, or repair are available at the scheduled times and locations. Evaluate and prioritize operating schedules, maintenance assignments, entering, removing and diverting trains while adhering to safe automatic and manual rules and procedures for normal, irregular, and emergency train operations.
• Site Shift Leader for all activities that involve the operations of trains, the movement of passengers and posture of wayside system components and personnel.
• Responsible to direct and supervise operations center personnel that perform ATC, SCADA, Rapid Response and Access Control.
• Develop and implement strategies to ensure that operations are conducted safely, reliably, and efficiently and in conformance with rules and procedures.
• Takes leadership role to implement maintenance activities of employees and subcontractors, directs passenger service availability activities during normal and irregular operations.
• Oversight for a shift of employees who perform activities that support the operations and maintenance of the LAX Automated People Mover system.
• Responsible for enforcement of LINXS Operators policies, operations center rules and discipline.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 139207BR
City: Los Angeles
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.