At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
LAX Integrated Express Solutions (LINXS), a Fluor led joint venture, is seeking candidates for the LAX Automated People Mover Project.
LINXS was selected by Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) to design-build, finance, operate and maintain the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Automated People Mover (APM). The LAX APM will provide reliable, time-certain access to the airline terminals for passengers and employees with anticipated use of 30 million passengers per year.
The LAX APM is LAWA's first public-private partnership (P3) project. The project includes a total of six stations, five of which Fluor is building, that will connect a new consolidated rental car facility, intermodal transportation facilities, expanded airport parking and Metro transit to the airline terminals. The project will transform the experience for travelers at one of America's busiest and most iconic airports, while bringing jobs and workforce development opportunities to the local community.
The purpose of this position is to oversee the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Assist with development of Company HSE standards and goals
• Develop materials for HSE training, programs and processes
• Provide guidance for the implementation of HSE departmental functions in regard to auditing, training, incident investigation, software, tools, Company HSE policies, procedures, and methods designed to drive the Company’s HSE culture and meet the Company’s HSE standards and goals through an expert knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs, and goals
• Lead teams of HSE professionals, including globally diverse teams when involved in projects
• Manage the overall direction and coordination of the HSE function on Total Installed Cost (TIC) large, complex projects by identifying and approving HSE project plans and contractor pre-qualifications and their effect on contractual agreements, schedules, activities, and milestones
• Liaise as necessary between the Company, client, insurance carriers and regulatory agencies in order to provide assistance and resolution in regard to audits, remedial actions and other HSE related issues
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142228BR
City: Los Angeles
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.