Fluor Designer/Drafter (Electrical) in Los Alamos, New Mexico
This position will support our team at the Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratory in New Mexico.
Scope of Work
Working as part of a growing, fast-paced team, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating detailed three-dimensional system designs and perform hydraulic calculations for water-based fire suppression systems using hydraulic design software. The successful candidate will perform a vital role as part of a lab-wide effort to maintain facility compliance in fire safety. The successful candidate will be expected to lead, train and mentor junior designers. Regular functions include but are not limited to; Visits to facilities to evaluate existing conditions; identifying and documenting deficiencies; providing designs for new facilities, additions, renovations and repairs.
B. Qualifications/Job Duties
• Ability to maintain the required safety and security training and compliance.
• Observes LANL engineering policies; Conduct of Engineering.
• Knowledgeable in the application of industry codes and standards governing fire facilities.
• Ability to work directly with customers to consult; represent the organization; define scope.
• Capable of providing expert design advice in field of endeavor.
• Ability to manage and mentor several junior designers, work on project teams.
• Capable of providing and evaluating cost estimates for design effort.
• Highly proficient with AutoCAD
• Adheres to established CAD standards and best practices for efficiency and achievability.
• Develops design solutions for unique a design challenges. Understands and applies design limits in non- routine environments.
• Applies knowledge of materials and their suitability application. Makes materials decisions for design packages.
• Works with other disciplines to coordinate deliverables and schedules.
• Performs off-project design reviews.
• May perform drawing checks.
• Work is performed without significant direction. Completed work is reviewed from the perspective of desired results.
• Provides technical solutions to complex and/or unique problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity, creativity and independence. Solutions are frequently original and impact the outcome of the entire project. Usually includes some responsibility for coordination and participation in developing the final product.
• Evaluates potential design changes to eliminate future problems. Incorporates lessons learned into standard details and practices.
• Promotes a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Job ID: 127490BR
City: Los Alamos
State: New Mexico
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.