Fluor SITE HEAVY HAUL SUPERINTENDENT in Kitimat, British Columbia
Responsible for the planning, management and execution of Heavy Lift and Transport Operations, ensuring compliance with company, project, client and legal requirements for safety, quality, budget and schedule
Under general supervision, as a competent Construction Support engineer, the individual will plan and conduct work requiring sound engineering judgement in the independent evaluation, organization, and execution of assignments relating to Heavy Lift and Transport activities. The individual will coordinate with the specialist HLT engineer(s) in the team to support the establishment and verification of heavy lift and transport plans as suitable for execution. The individual will then be responsible for ensuring that those plans are adhered to during execution in the field, or that an approved management of change process has been applied to accommodate necessary field changes.
The individual will perform work that is periodically reviewed by a supervisor, and progress assessments will be made periodically to monitor and evaluate the individual’s progress, and to develop further skill enhancement measures as required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Playing an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
• Remain knowledgeable and supportive of all safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
• Comply with Ethics policies.
• Adhere to Project Execution Procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of plans and execution activities of day to day heavy lifting and transportation activities, including rigging, lifting, jacking, and the heavy transport of major equipment items and modules from source to destination, including positioned within tolerance on foundations.
• Planning and coordinating module sequencing and transport routings.
• Coordination with other construction support organizations to furnish required support services
• Be observant to assess the safety of all other project lifting and transport activities encountered day to day and to take responsibility to stop work or otherwise remedy any deficiencies observed.
• Plan and perform work in accordance with the project schedule.
• Ensure that work is carried out strictly in accordance with project safety standards and industry best practices.
• Ensure that all engineered plans / studies incorporate all field conditions that may impact execution, and that they are undertaken in a skilled and professional manner.
• Review and assess contractors lifting and transport personnel, ensuring that the work is performed to the highest standards.
• Review, assess and approve rigging, lifting and transportation studies, including method statements and risk assessments.
• Participate in the preparation of Lifting Management Systems to comply with local regulatory and site requirements.
• Seek out and provide technical advice on matters pertaining to lifting and transport operations, management of change, deviations and / or non-compliances.
• Provide support to Maintenance Teams as necessary in the detailed execution of preventative and corrective maintenance activities on all lifting and transport equipment.
• Be fully conversant with the inspection of lifting equipment, the concept of discard criterion and site inspection, labelling and marking requirements.
• Adopt safe working practices at all times with a particular emphasis placed on lifting and transport operations thereby ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with statutory and Company procedures.
• Provide support as and when required to Lifting and transport personnel and HSE teams in determining the lift categorization, lift and transport planning processes and the preparation of risk assessments.
• Develop and maintain networks and relationships with key peers and colleagues in other areas for the purposes of adopting and promoting best practices, sharing information and ideas whilst keeping abreast of new initiatives and technologies within the Lifting Technical Authority discipline.
• Ensure all relevant lifting equipment performance, certification and condition data are recorded accurately for input to the Company's data recording system (where assigned that responsibility).
• Participate in the monitoring and assessment of all project lifting and transport operations.
• Contribute in conjunction with the HSE department to the Site's safety awareness, effectiveness programs, including recommendations to improve procedures, systems and work practices.
• Promote a continuous improvement culture within the team.
• Other duties as required
Essential Job Functions Under Certain Circumstances:
• Writes progress reports to be submitted to the client and company management, as requested.
• May be required to assist lower level engineers.
• Performs other related duties
Key Interfaces (other members of project team, customers, subcontractors, etc):
• Site JFJV construction management including OSBL and ISBL construction management, MOF management
• Heavy Lift/Heavy Haul Contractor
• Project Administration, IT, Training and Travel management
• Contractors (accommodation, ground transportation, and overall destination services providers as appropriate)
Job ID: 127451BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.