Fluor Civil Coordinator (Ponds) in Kitimat, British Columbia
Reporting to the Area Construction Manager, the Concrete Construction Coordinators are dual function personnel providing technical support to craft and supervision, as well as helping to satisfy the Quality requirements on the project. Construction Coordinators are responsible for ensuring that progress is accurately reported and verified, and to minimize or eliminate any obstruction to the efficient working of the project. Construction Coordinators serve as the technical liaison between JFJV Construction and other members of the project team.
Concrete Construction Coordinators act as the focal point for technical interfaces within the project team; ensuring that Construction requirements are made known and promptly supported by other functions; and to coordinate with other groups in the Technical Services and Quality organizations to ensure that Construction delivers the requirements to support other project team members.
Construction Coordinators are responsible for technical support functions, such as work planning, material management, interfacing with design organizations, generating design change requests, securing appropriate approvals of design changes, and the coordination of one or multiple contracts, subcontractors, or specific areas of JFJV self-performed scope.
In this role, Construction Coordinators are receiving direction from Construction Supervisors / Superintendents and Area Technical Services Managers. The Construction Coordinators are the first point of contact for technical issues and interfaces that arise in the field, and will engage the necessary functions or organizations as required.
Construction Coordinators are responsible for the activities of monitoring, inspection, documenting, testing, and acceptance of completed work as outlined in the Quality Responsibility Matrix. In this capacity, Construction Coordinators work closely with the Quality Manager and Technical Services Managers to ensure the requirements of the Site Quality Manual/Project Specifications are met. Construction Coordinators shall be qualified to be able to perform quality inspections for the assigned discipline and sign-off the quality records
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinates and monitors the activities of assigned contractors performing work within the Construction disciplines and ensures compliance with project safety, quality, schedule, cost and security requirements.
• Evaluate change requests and interfaces with the contract administrator for the initiation and development of contract modifications
• Participates in pre-construction planning efforts during the development phase of projects including development of the Construction Execution Plan, and reviewing and analyzing EPC schedules
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Working in Home Office and Project Site locations. On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and various levels of outside weather.
Job ID: 127482BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.