Fluor Tax Analyst III in Irving, Texas
The purpose of this position has the overall objective of enhancing shareholder value by reducing taxes through effective tax planning strategies and defense of these strategies while ensuring the Company conducts its affairs with knowledge of and in conformity with applicable tax laws. This position will be involved in the moderately complex assignments (returns, provision, and research).
• Assist in the national and state/province tax compliance efforts, including gathering required information, analyzing data, preparing returns, reviewing returns and documenting tax positions
• Assist in the preparation of tax provisions and tax related financial reporting data including compliance with regulations
• Lead or assist with national, state/province and/or local audits; gather, prepare, and review information requested; research and respond to issues raised
• Provide tax analysis and reporting as it applies to the Company’s financial forecast and long range business plan
• Research and recommend on various tax matters
• Participate in the tax department compliance effort
• May assist with global transfer pricing processes, documentation, and monitoring
• Make suggestions regularly and continuously to improve processes and procedures
• May mentor, develop and train tax department personnel on tax compliance, planning and accounting
• Communicate in a timely, informative and accurate manner with superiors and others who need to be informed
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 115227BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.