Fluor Director II, Technical Accounting / Internal Reporting in Irving, Texas
Fluor is one of the largest professional services firms, providing engineering, procurement, construction, fabrication and modularization, commissioning and maintenance, as well as project management services, on a global basis. Fluor is currently seeking a Director of Technical Accounting / Internal Reporting for its Corporate Accounting department located at its Headquarters in Irving, Texas.
The Director, Technical Accounting / Internal Reporting will oversee the company’s technical accounting and internal reporting functions.
• Oversee all technical accounting matters. Provide timely and accurate technical accounting advice to executive and business unit financial management on complex issues, including project accounting for long-term contracts, variable interest entities, organizational restructurings, operating and reportable segments, lease accounting and foreign currency matters. Review and/or prepare white papers and related memorandums to clearly and concisely support technical accounting positions. Direct activities of technical accounting team members.
• Direct team responsible for executive / stock-based compensation accounting and other internal reporting functions. Review and approve achievement of stock-based performance measures. Review accounting results, consolidated variance analyses and forecasts for corporate level entities and activities.
• Collaborate with the external financial reporting function and financial management to ensure compliance with SEC, FASB and other regulatory requirements, including assisting with the preparation and review of Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Management’s Discussion and Analysis, Form 11-K, SEC comment letters, earnings releases and scripts and other regulatory filings or inquiries. Provide recommendations regarding best practices.
• Oversee departmental compliance with requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley. Review, develop and implement company policies, procedures and internal control processes relating to financial reporting, new accounting systems and other technical accounting matters for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Provide guidance to executive management regarding the implications of new accounting standards on a timely basis. Plan and oversee world-wide implementation and compliance with such standards. Prepare technical accounting update presentations for the Audit Committee.
• Provide financial and accounting advice in support of new business development opportunities and sales proposals. Perform due diligence and purchase accounting assessments in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
• Manage team of direct reports. Provide necessary direction, guidance and talent development to promote employee and department success.
• Perform various ad-hoc financial analyses as requested by senior management and/or the business (e.g. proposal support, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 119253BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.