Fluor LNG Construction Director in Houston, Texas
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential construction management job duties and functions as listed below for LNG projects with the overall objective of establishing a construction execution framework on the project(s) and ensuring the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the assigned project(s). This includes developing, managing and executing all construction and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This role directs all staff in all functions necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project construction objectives. This position requires authoritative knowledge and background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
This role includes responsibilities on sales pursuits, proposals, studies, Front End Engineering Designs (FEEDs), large or mega sized and moderate to high risk engineering, procurement and fabrication/construction/construction management (EPC/EPFC/EPCM) LNG projects. This position may be assigned responsibility for multiple projects at various stages of development or a single large or mega LNG project. The LNG Construction Director will work closely with the LNG Business & Technology Team, the Construction Group, Sales, Project, Proposal and Engineering Managers. This position will be responsible for developing, managing and delivering the means and methods of the construction execution strategy, schedule and cost. This position will typically be the lead person directing all construction activity for a project including the office(s) and project site(s), commonly serving as the Site Manager, the lead staff position responsible for and directing all activities at the site.
• Adheres to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Sustainability Policies. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all construction activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Ensures execution of all construction aspects of the assigned project(s) in accordance with Fluor policies and procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
• Leads and direct all functions necessary to safely and efficiently execute the scope.
• Leads construction strategy, planning and schedule efforts during proposals, studies, FEEDs and EPC/EPCM phases of projects.
• Leads in the identification of opportunities, risks (and their mitigations) for construction related strategy, planning and schedule efforts during proposals, studies, FEEDs and EPC/EPCM phases of projects.
• Works with project, engineering and procurement teams to identify pre-construction project needs to support the construction schedule.
• Works with commissioning to identify and plan system turn-over requirements to support timely facility start-up.
• Coordinates and implements constructability review program(s).
• Establishes and executes the construction program, including the exchange of information and ensuring effective communication and the addressing and tracking of needs, requirements, and issues
• Interprets the intent and requirements of the design documents; ensure design drawings are reviewed for completeness and constructability; and ensure drawings are marked-up and information provided as required for the preparation of as-built drawings.
• Controls schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources including manpower, materials, tools, and equipment
• Monitors productivity and cost and implement appropriate action to maintain maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness
• Typically serves as lead person to coordinate all activities and communication within the site/project areas as well as between those areas and other offices and locations
• Manages the construction team including staffing and supervising the activities and their performance; provide guidance to, as well as training and development of assigned construction personnel
• Typically directs and is responsible for all construction and or site staff assigned to the project(s) through direct reports typically consisting of managers and supervisors heading up the various functions (i.e., Safety Manager, Quality Manager, Construction Manager/Superintendents, Site Services Manager, Engineering Manager, Contracts Manager and others as appropriate for the project(s))
• Coordinates and implements indirect activities, internal and external, required to support a productive project execution; including functional staff support, support craft activities, and any other resource necessary to assure a safe and quality project execution
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 125312BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.