Fluor Facility Maintenance Supervisor in Hopewell Junction, New York
Job Description Summary
Plans, coordinates and supervises a Maintenance organization that provides a variety of maintenance services at the GLOBALFOUNDRIES facility in Hopewell Junction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Complies with all Fluor and client safety requirements and programs.
• Conducts weekly crew safety meetings. Enforces all safety requirements.
• Performs manager safety observations and provides prompt follow-up on safety related issues.
• Establishes work plans for the crew, assigns schedules and priorities. Solves problems within procedural limitations. Provides coordination with clients, support groups and contractors as needed.
• Ensures that crew completes assigned PM’s and work orders as scheduled each month.
• Establishes and ensures efficient utilization of staff.
• Works with safety, security and clients, reporting potential problem areas to management as applicable.
• Represents management and communicates policies, directives and general information to staff.
• Leads and assists maintenance staff on technical issues, major repairs, calibrations or modifications.
• Provides training to staff in areas of specialization. Provides data and reports as required per contract Scope of Work requirements.
• Ensures housekeeping of work areas are maintained to Fluor standards.
• May inspect contractors’ work to determine code and compliance to specifications.
• Available for 24/7 work and call-ins as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or GED required
• 8-12 years in facilities maintenance environment preferred
• A minimum of six years on-the-job maintenance technician experience is required
• A minimum of two years experience as a supervisor/lead preferred
• Substantial familiarity with large office or manufacturing facility systems, equipment, buildings, structures and operations.
• Multi-skilled in a representative sample of the following disciplines: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, building control systems, carpentry, masonry, etc.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to communicate proficiently via computer (i.e., Lotus Notes, etc.) and effectively utilize computer tools (i.e., spreadsheets, word documents, etc.).
• Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written skills to coach and manage people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job ID: 126060BR
City: Hopewell Junction
State: New York
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.