Fluor Senior Mechanical Engineer-Static Equipment in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
As a Static Equipment engineer you will be part of our Mechanical Engineering group. In this role you are technically responsible for the static equipment for a large variety of international brown field, grass root & revamp facilities for petrochemical, oil, chemical, gas & industrial services.
You will work on various static equipment such as vessels, columns, reactors, tanks and unfired heat transfer equipment. You need to be familiar with industry codes and standards such as ASME, EN-13445, AD-Merkblätter and PED.
Work comprises of conceptual design, basic engineering, extended basic engineering and detailed design for reimbursable & lump sum projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
• Calculations for equipment selection and (preliminary) equipment sizing;
• Preparation of material requisitions for inquiry and purchase;
• Preparation & review of technical evaluations of supplier bids;
• Review work of colleagues of the static equipment engineering group;
• Review of supplier drawings & documentation;
• Attendance of supplier meetings and resolve supplier related issues;
• Participation in inspections, factory acceptance tests, delivery to site, site
(erection) support and turn-over;
• Coordinate / interface with engineering disciplines for equipment and facility
• Cooperate with clients, suppliers and third parties;
• Plan the execution of the work, track progress, and report to the Mechanical
• Participate in the development, training and coaching of junior static
• Assist in proposal preparations
Occasional travel to project, client or vendor sites can be expected in this role.
Fluor Amsterdam is part of Fluor Corporation, a leading engineering consultant with more than 60.000 employees worldwide. Fluor supports various industries, ranging from Energy & Chemicals to Power, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Power and more. Additionally, Fluor is partial owner of several construction yards across the globe. And we have recently acquired Stork, thereby greatly expanding our asset management capabilities. We offer strategic support to our clients across the globe 24/7, in all phases of the project life-cycle.
Fluor Amsterdam in Hoofddorp is a leading engineering consultant specialized in managing large and complex petrochemical and life sciences projects predominantly in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Our office culture is very diverse: we have over 30 different nationalities in a workforce of about 700 employees. We are currently involved with one of the largest projects in Fluor ever: the design and construction of a new refinery in Kuwait.
Job ID: 109977BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.