Piping Design Supervisor
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. We especially focus on opportunities emerging in the energy transition and circular economy including carbon capture, green chemicals and hydrogen, plastic recycling, bio- and e-fuels and other sustainable projects. Working for Fluor you could be at the leading edge in energy transition and sustainable projects that will impact our future. At the same time, Fluor continues to be active in the oil, gas, chemicals and petrochemical industries.
The Piping Design & Engineering group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects the Piping design team is responsible for the routing of pipe systems, and the complete lay-out of the plant. E.g. Equipment locations, locations of new structures and platforms.
Fluor’s target industries are Oil & GAS, Chemicals, Renewable Energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing.
They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
For our Piping team in Hoofddorp we are looking to hire a Piping Design Supervisor to expand our knowledge.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative, technical knowledge, and direction as listed in below job duties. This position has oversight of a specific area and acts as a representative of the department in ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases. This position may have the responsibility to serve as Design Lead on assigned projects or perform moderate to difficult complexity design assignments in terms of piping layouts and conceptual designs for Plant Design & Layout.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
• Provide working and direct supervision and provide guidance/assistance to all project designers including distributed execution offices
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design
• Develop and update job execution plans and Piping Job instructions
• Assign work to teams, monitor and manage the work
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline design work
• Review layouts and/or schematics for conceptual and detailed designs developed by the design group
• Independently develop or supervise development of piping layouts of moderate to complex piping systems and checking of complex piping drawings including plot plans, piping plans, isometrics and sketches
• Supervise piping input to Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), update to master P&ID and pipe line list
• Perform 3D piping layout and equipment modeling in moderate to complex area
• Review 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings and the 3D model using 3D Review platform
• Conduct / chair internal /external 3D model reviews
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Check concrete and steel design drawings
• Perform squad check of vendor drawings and drawings from other disciplines
• Provide assistance to construction and pipe fabrication personnel as needed
• Develop and build external relations with client representatives and interface closely with other discipline functions promoting Client Service Excellence
• Actively participate in Fluor’s Knowledge Community and other available resources
• Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
• Participate in department training programs/seminars and on-line training
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142133BR
State: North Holland
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.