At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. We especially focus on opportunities emerging in the energy transition and circular economy including carbon capture, green chemicals and hydrogen, plastic recycling, bio- and e-fuels and other sustainable projects.
Working for Fluor you could be at the leading edge in energy transition and sustainable projects that will impact our future. At the same time, Fluor continues to be active in the oil, gas, chemicals and petrochemical industries.
The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients.
In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success.
Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
• Perform engineering in all project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects for installations in all voltage levels HV, MV, LV.
Work activities include e.g.:
o Development of: the engineering and design details to properly size, calculate, design and description of the installation details for a complete and operating electrical system that meets the Client requirements for E.g.: Substations, Transformers, HV / LV MCC’s, HV / LV Motors, UPS AC & UPS DC, HV / LV Power Cables, Earthing & Lightning systems and Lighting installation; a contractors scope of work and oversee the development of detailed design drawings like one line diagrams, plans, wiring details and fabrication drawings;
o The complete cycle of writing/reviewing electrical-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test, commissioning and turn-over. This for all system hardware required.
• Minimum 2 to 5 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor or production company in the process industry
• Understanding of electrical engineering / power systems for both high and low voltage
• Knowledge of electrical network programs like VISION, ETAP is preferred
• Willing to build field experiences for all electrical equipment
• Willing to learn pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
• Willing to learn the interfaces with other discipline task and deliverables like instrumentation, control system, process and mechanical
Job ID: 141519BR
State: North Holland
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.