Fluor Proposal Manager, Senior in Herndon, Virginia
Founded in 1912, Fluor Corporation is one of the world’s leading and largest publicly traded engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, maintenance, and project management companies. Active across six continents, Fluor works with governments and multinational companies to design, build, and maintain many of the world’s most complex and challenging capital projects. Fluor is a FORTUNE 500 company with a global workforce of more than 60,000 employees serving from a network of 100 offices in more than 36 countries.
Job Description: As a senior member of the Fluor Government Group (FGG) reporting to the Marketing Director, the Senior Proposal Manager leads FGG’s largest and most complex federal government proposals. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Proposal Manager to work with an established core team while providing your own unique perspective to help us grow. This individual operates in a leadership role, partnering with internal and external capture, operations, and pricing teams to develop and manage compliant, compelling, and winning proposals. The Senior Proposal Manager must be a competent writer and capable editor with the ability to create proposal content and promote Fluor’s competitive differentials, work to strict deadlines, effectively communicate with clients and fellow employees, and schedule/complete multiple tasks.
• Managing large U.S. Government proposal efforts with potential values over $2 billion
• Managing proposal team with complex skills and functions
• Interpreting solicitation requirements and proposal response strategy and approaches on individual opportunities
• Translating RFP requirements into the compliance matrix, annotated proposal outline, and content plans that are designed to deliver a compliant, winning proposal on-time
• Working with the Capture Manager to expand proposal outlines and create storyboards with the win strategy, themes, discriminators, source content, and graphic concepts
• Creating proposal content and promoting Fluor’s competitive differentials by working with team members to understand market positions, competition, current capabilities, culture, and client drivers
• Ensuring that the production and quality control of final submission documents are compliant to the client’s requirements and communicate all required sections, graphics, commercial terms, and branding
• Implementing excellent communications skills and the ability to express thoughts clearly verbally and in writing; writing and editing content (acting as writer and editor)
• Understanding of the federal procurement process and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
• Establishing, communicating, and managing the proposal development and production schedule; adjusting the schedule accordingly to accommodate corrective actions
• Conducting milestone assessments regarding proposal readiness for color team reviews; setting color team review goals and objectives; deconflicting color team reviewer feedback; determining disposition of color team reviewer comments; and developing the color team recovery plan
• Serving as volume lead, proposal writer, color team or peer reviewer, or other proposal roles as required
• Mentoring FGG employees in proposal management and development best practices
• Contributing to development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the FGG best practice processes, supporting tools, templates, and knowledge management platform
• Supporting the Capture Manager and capture management activities during pre-solicitation release phases and throughout the proposal process
• Managing concurrent proposal efforts at a time during peak periods
Job ID: 117302BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.