At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation’s overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across strategic business units, projects, and locations. This position provides oversight for contract management activities on Fluor projects or may act as a lead contract manager on individual Fluor contracts. This role is expected to directly supervise Principal Contract Managers and Contract Administrators and provide project staffing solutions including manpower and indirect estimates.
Through assigned contract administrators, this role assures compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. The position requires the contract manager to report to project, department, and company management on the health of the assigned contract(s); participate in developing and approving contracting strategies generally directly reporting through an intermediate senior contract manager. The individual will review and approve contract awards with their delegated authority, generally for mid to large contracts.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Administer moderately large and complex contracts
• Negotiate contract terms and conditions, analyze commercial sections of proposals and technical proposal evaluations, and coordinate of technical scopes of work including interface with all project disciplines (project controls, legal services, project management, construction, engineering, finance/accounting, and client)
• Develop final proposal evaluations, prepare contract recommendations, and present recommendation to project team and/or client
• Support Contract Management activities on large-scale projects, with a work scope of US$250 million to US$1 billion (or global equivalent); duties may include assisting multiple Contract Administrators and Contract Managers with the preparation and execution of pre-award and post-award activities
• Conduct and maintain continuing review of progress of each contract and provide management with information pertaining to any financial, technical, or commercial difficulties
• Develop project standards and procedures
• Participate in proposal development activities including preparation of required proposal response
• Prepare/maintain project Contracting Plan (including the establishment of pricing philosophy for each contract)
• Prepare/issue Request for Proposal packages in accordance with the Project Contracting Plan
• Provide required contract input to strategic business unit
• Coordinate, chair, and document bid explanation meetings or Request for Proposal meetings for all major scopes of work
• Develop client relationships by establishing and maintaining communications with client representatives and project staff through on-going contact and reports to provide for client satisfaction as well as through superior execution; lead client and contractor presentations and meetings
• Participate in the pre-qualification process of subcontractors; monitor and track subcontractors’ compliance to Fluor’s Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE), Quality, and Finance procedures currently in place
• Utilize Fluor’s Contract Management System (CMSism), or similar system, including Performance Indicator function, and SAP systems
• Review and provide prime contract flow-down language; prepare select sections (e.g., Special Terms) and obtain legal approval
• Participate in Prime Contract Business Risk Assessment – Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF) and development of Contract Risk Assessment Matrices
• Review and approve Project Contracting Plan and award recommendations
• Develop waivers for Bonding policies
• Prepare bid evaluation plans for large engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC), Lump Sum Turn Key (LSTK), Request for Proposal (RFP) participate in the bid evaluation (technical and commercial), and award recommendation
• Prepare, maintain, retrieve, and communicate records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate and Contract Management requirements
• Review contracts project set-up
• Provide input to Project Final Report
• Develop and maintain benchmarks rates for services and materials to support projects.
• Ensure regular updates of repository of Contractor details for various geographical regions.
• Study and provide feedback to stakeholders w.r.t to compliance of contract pre award and award process with a view of improving functional efficiency.
• Provide forecast for movement of labor and material cost
• Study and analyze trends of construction industry across geographical regions and develop reports for management feedback.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 139735BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.