Fluor Mechanical - Engineer (Static) in Gurgaon, India
The purpose of this position is to provide the Technical expertise as “Mechanical Engineer- (Static) essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a medium set of moderately difficult assignments.
•Design & engineering of static equipment like Pressure Vessels, Heat
•Exchangers, Towers, Tanks etc., in compliance with international codes
•standards, project specifications, & general specifications prevalent in Oil & Gas
•Fertilizer, Chemicals & other associated industries.
•Perform and check design calculations and drawings, prepare equipment
•datasheets, requisitions, carry out technical bid evaluations and review vendor
•Good knowledge of major industry Codes and Standards (e.g., ASME, API, PD etc.) applicable to Pressure Equipment
•Familiarity with software for design and stress calculations. (PV Elite, Compress,etc.)
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate or complex engineering problems
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 122489BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.