Fluor Engineer- Mechanical (Rotating) in Gurgaon, India
The purpose of this position is to provide the Technical expertise as “Mechanical Engineer- (Rotating) essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a medium set of moderately difficult assignments.
Rotating equipment engineer with wide range of experience to carry out the following activities related to design, engineering and procurement of rotating equipments such as centrifugal/ screw/ reciprocating pumps in compliance with applicable international codes, standards and/or project specific standards
The Rotating Equipment Engineer shall be responsible for the following:
• Developing basic design & detailed engineering (mechanical data sheet, loading data, equipment foot prints etc).
• Support to procurement activities (requests for quotations, technical bid evaluation of quotation, purchase requisitions of rotating equipments and packages).
• Provide the technical expertise to assist in achieving quality deliverables.
• Reviewing and approving vendor documentation for rotating equipment on assigned projects.
• Adequate knowledge to analyse supplier P&ID.
• Participating in inspections and testing of equipment as required.
• Participating in equipment check-out and commissioning as required.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate or complex engineering problems
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 122490BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.