At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join our dynamic team in the rapidly evolving world of technology! We are currently seeking a skilled professional for a fully remote position, specifically catering to candidates in the Atlanta-Greenville-Charlotte metro areas. As a Technical Writer for Compliance Documentation within our Applications department, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing our systems' efficiency.
In this role, you will be responsible for crafting comprehensive compliance documentation, including Practices and Procedures, Disaster Recovery documents, Application Baselines, and Application Dataflows. Your keen eye for detail and technical proficiency will ensure that our documentation meets the highest standards, contributing to the success of our IT projects.
As a Specialist I, you will bring a depth of knowledge in Information Technology (IT) to your designated area of responsibility. Your expertise will be applied to a variety of assignments, allowing you to collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants, and company management to achieve impactful results. This role not only supports IT projects but also involves guiding and sharing knowledge with other IT staff.
If you are a dedicated professional with a passion for technical writing and compliance documentation, we invite you to be part of our innovative team. Embrace the flexibility of a fully remote position and contribute to the continued success of our organization. Apply today and help shape the future of technology with us!
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain critical planning, monitoring, and reporting processes as well as required documentation, for the timely coordination and completion of project tasks
• Translate customer and business requirements into practical and affordable solutions
• Coordinate, direct, and lead project status meetings, confirm milestones, and ensure goals are achieved
• Ensure that project deliverables and schedules are met by technical resources; manage escalation to the appropriate IT resource management when needed; provide feedback to technical resource manager on the performance of technical staff
• Participate with cross-functional team members in issue identification, process impacts, and solution development discussions to optimize end-to-end solutions
• Leverage outside vendors, contactors, technical teams, and other departments to drive for results
• Provide planning consultation and advisory services for area of responsibility
• Support business solutions, and investigate operational problems and system requirements
• Review customer requirements for completeness; minimize customizations wherever possible
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
• Generally favorable indoor office workspace, and/or;
• Various levels of environmental conditions including but not limited to project worksites and vendor/client facilities which may have temporary office space, moving mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and extreme temperatures and high noise levels
Job ID: 143342BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.