At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position performs work requiring advanced knowledge which is predominantly intellectual in character, and which routinely exercises discretion and judgment. The advanced knowledge is in a field of science or learning and gained through a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction, experience, and expertise acquired in the concentrators and extractive metallurgical field.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical responsibility for organizing, executing and coordinating complex concentrators and extractive metallurgical Process Technology project assignments with specialization in Lithium, Black Mass/Battery Scrap and Rare Earths Processing flowsheets and other commodities includes nickel, manganese, copper and gold.
• May lead a team of several engineers to develop drawings and specifications for study, feasibility, Front End Engineering Development (FEED)/Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Construction (EPFC) phase project definition and/or execution with specialization in Lithium, Black Mass/Battery Scrap to battery grade products and Rare Earths and other commodities as required.
• Develop specialized process simulation models and HMB for concentrators and extractive metallurgical flowsheets specific to Lithium, Black Mass/Battery Scrap and rare earths processing and other commodities as required.
• Manage and coordinate lab and pilot scale test work and work with SMEs to decipher results to provide summaries and recommendations to client.
• Develop Process Technology Quality Plans for small to moderate size projects.
• Develop and oversee Process Activity Plans for moderate to intermediate size projects.
• Execute Fluor’s scope of work according to contract requirements.
• Interface with client representatives: project, planning, process and instrument engineers, operations and maintenance to align contract requirements and expectations.
• Interface with Fluor discipline engineers to develop interdisciplinary drawings and specifications.
• Provide support to Fluor project team members to enhance Fluor’s understanding of client technology and participate in technical discussions.
• Provide technical guidance/support on pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup to Fluor and Client teams as required.
• Train team members in hydrometallurgical process technology specific skills
• Execute studies as required and/or needed to provide cost effective facilities.
• Train team members in client business objectives, project development process & methods, critical financial parameters, and technologies
• Develop schedule logic and effort-hours budgets.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff.
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards.
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills in Lithium, Black Mass/Battery Scrap and rare earths processing to the job
• May need to travel to attend to technical and business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141379BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.