At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The Senior HVAC Mechanical Engineer serves to work in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment. The position responsibilities primarily are focused on the concept design of mechanical systems for new facilities, additions, and renovation projects. The candidate to serve as an advisor in matters of compliance and technical solutions for complex systems involving clean room areas for pharmaceutical or electronic industries.
The position requires knowledge of advance modeling tools like CFD or front-end HVAC tools. It is required to work in a team environment with close collaboration with the client. Qualified candidates will meet with clients, project teams, code officials, contractors, and others to address mechanical issues to develop effective working relationships. Our projects involve Advanced Technology Facilities like Semiconductor Fabs, Microelectronics, Data centers, and Bio Pharmaceuticals.
• Develop HVAC system designs of a given project based on scope of work and/or client RFPs.
• Provide engineering design, evaluation, and planning of mechanical systems for a variety of industries.
• Perform Load/Energy calculations with software such as Trace 700, IES and similar programs.
• Conduct existing building surveys and documentation of existing HVAC systems.
• Develop system design calculations and selection of equipment for use in buildings.
• Perform systems analysis including pressurization schemes, air changes, heat loads, etc.
• Prepare concept design documents, reports, and studies.
• Complete code compliance research
• Coordinate work with other disciplines
• Perform HVAC front end design and/or CFD modeling.
• Oversee and provide guidance to junior engineers.
• Lead project teams and serve as the primary contact for clients.
• Attending industry conference, preparing papers and seminars.
• Assist in the procurement of new work, including the development of client relations and participation in project interviews
Job ID: 142417BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.