At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to provide essential technical processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This position serves as a Mechanical Equipment Engineer on large scale Semi- Conductor projects (typically in excess of $1B in Total Installed Costs) or performs complex engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a broad set of complex tasks.
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve complex to difficult engineering assignments
• Develop Mechanical datasheets, specification and narratives to solicit quotations and procure mechanical equipment in the Semi-Conductor industry
• Ability to work with and coordinate team members in as many as 3 other international offices
• Develop Request for Quotation (RFQ) documentation, perform Technical Bid Analysis, and generate Request for Purchase (RFP) packages.
• Establish, track material key quantities and report costs to project
• Manage Supplier Procurement and Contract Packages
• Knowledge of Modular/Skidded Design systems
• Review Supplier designs including 3D models, Supplier drawings and documentation
• Review Supplier equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Interface and coordinate with multiple disciplines to integrate equipment design into project
• Manage Supplier and Project meetings
• Participate in training and contribute to training activities
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 139893BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.